Friday, August 3, 2012

This blog is living up to it's name.  Maybe I should rename it "The Abandoned Blog"?

Anyway, I'm working through the interiors for the fourth Rift book, The Summer Son.  All should be done by the middle of next week assuming I run into no more hard drive crashes, and I don't run out of gouache or illustration board (looking good on both counts).

I'm trying to slow down my process a bit more. I tend to rush head first into most of my work and while it does keep everything fresh (and so goddam stressful), it also sacrifices some of the polish that I'd like to get in there.  I'm trying to find a balance between expression and technique I guess you could say.

I'll start posting up some samples over the next couple days to give a taste of what will be going on in the book.  I'm really looking forward to working on the rotting, zombified alligator.

That's right.

ZOMBIE ALLIGATOR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment