Monday, November 12, 2012

So Simona was sick and wanted a zombie to play with (actually she said princess) and I had to oblige (by not making a princess).  I figured it'd be a good time to get some maquettes done for reference.  I got out the super sculpey and got to work.  

Whenever I do one of these, I always find myself feeling so much respect for the work my sculptor friends do.  Granted I only have an x-acto knife and one sculpting stick to work with, but the transitions that I see, and the balance that they keep around the whole piece always amazes. Even on small scales like this.  

Anyway, I slapped a quick stain job on it for her.  Now I just have to get a body for this thing.  Maybe one of her Barbie things.



Speaking of great sculptors, check out my aquaintance Justin Mabry's Night Owl Productions.  Sick masks and cool shite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment